Friday, July 23, 2010

Ribbon Button Sunflower

I was so pleased with the outcome of my experiment with the button daisies (see yesterday's post), that I wanted to play some more with this technique. I pulled out a random button from my stash, along with the Daffodil Delight ink pad and began again.

I took the same 1/8" Whisper White ribbon and pulled it across the surface of the pad, using a scrap of sponge to hold it down and keep my fingers from turning yellow. Then I dried the ribbon with my heat tool. Then I started making loops.

Instead of using one long strand of ribbon, this time I made a petal, attached it to the button, then cut off the rest of the ribbon length before making another loop. I used glue dots again as my medium of choice. I was still challenged by the amount of ribbon on the back of the button when I was done, and some were already trying to come undone. So I used some Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive, a strong, sticky glue, and held everything in place until it set. Then I put a scrap of card stock on the back and held it tightly for another length of time until I was sure it was going to stay together. Then I put Stampin' Dimensionals on the back and plopped it down quickly on the card.

The stem is from Apple Blossoms, and the sentiment is from Absolutely Fabulous (retired). Again I used the Square Lattice Textured Impressions Folder for the Big Shot to up the visual interest. The base is Soft Suede, 3" x 11" scored at 5.5".

No comments: