Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Continuing Creations with Circle Circus


Remember those 6 circles of In Colors that I showed you yesterday? Well, I couldn't just leave them to languish on my desk! I wanted to play with my only set from the forthcoming 2009-2010 Idea Book & Catalog, so I gathered those circles and began to think.

As I shared, there are a variety of sizes of patterned circles in this set, so I went back to the one I used yesterday. No dice. It doesn't fit inside the dotted circle. The next one I grabbed worked, so I stamped it 6 times and cut it out. The pattern on this stamp reminds me of a pattern in Kristina Werner's now-retired DSP Haiku, and there's a second stamp in the set with this icon in smaller relief.

I thought about creating a background using the second stamp, so that the icon that's in the focal images would be repeated, subtly, on the card base. I seem to be stuck in this mode of wanting to use this set in non-traditional ways! When I finished stamping the base, there were holes, so I cut out four circles and used them as masks to fill in those gaps.

Once that was done, I needed to figure out a sentiment. I inked only a portion of the focal image stamp in Basic Black so that I could fit something in the center. It was too small on its own, so I created a black circle to mimic the others.

The new catalog is coming July 1, and I'm looking for interested hostesses to have classes with friends, neighbors, work colleagues...Be the first to see and use what's new!

1 comment:

sandra said...

I like the circles....I'm not sure about the background, especially the color...there is something that does not convince me, but I'm not sure what it is