Tuesday, June 9, 2009

CASE'ing: Sometimes You Can't Improve On Someone's Design

Nancy Riley posts her iPicks each week, and this week was a stunning collection of great cards. Because I want to prove to you that it's not necessary to reinvent the wheel, I'm going to show you a CASE (Copy And Share Everything) of a card I saw on Christine's blog, Christine's Creations.

In case you haven't been following the direction I've been going the past couple of posts, I'm featuring stamp sets and accessories that are on the Last Chance List. This means they're not going to be available after June 30, and I want you to know so that you can get them before it's too late!

Doodle This is one of said sets. It has been a great one. You can check the labels sidebar to see the cards I've made with it and the Stampin' Wheel that goes with it. If something this good is retiring, I can't wait to see what new is coming!

Christine's card featured three of the retiring InColors, Riding Hood Red, Tangerine Tango, and Kiwi Kiss. She paired these with Basic Black for a stunning card with lots of visual interest. At first, I tried to use another trio of InColors, but I gave up that and went with what obviously worked! Using BB is new for me, but I really liked how this looked in Christine's card, so I incorporated it into mine as well.

I did two things to change this up a bit: I turned the design so that the card was oriented horizontally instead of vertically. Although she didn't say, I'm guessing that her design is from SCS's Sketch Challenge 231. This week's hostess didn't provide measurements, but my card is 4.25" x 11" and each panel is 1 1/8" x 5". The BB panel is 4" x 5.25" and was punched with the spiral punch.

I laid all the panels side by side and stamped the largest spray stamp three times across them. I also added Pink Pirouette to this color scheme with the small flower and the "hello" tag. I left off the ribbon Christine had, but other than that, it's a pretty close CASE.

I decorated the interior of the card using the large flower and the swirly doodle. I'll probably use the wheel on the envelope when I get around to sending it.

If you want this set, just click on the "shop online" icon in the upper right corner and identify me, Jenn Nahrstadt, as your demonstrator when you place your order. It'll come right to your door! Don't forget--this set is gone forever June 30. Don't wait!

No comments: