Saturday, June 6, 2009

Cash Always Works...

Here's another card for Father's Day. I CASE'd this from Lorri Heiling at Confessions of a Stamping Addict. I don't know if this idea originated with her or not, but I want to give her credit because she's the first one I found who supplied detailed measurements. Thanks, Lorri!

This is straightforward and much easier than it looks. That's always good, right? I think it's a good facsimile of the real thing, and would be fun to fill. I'm not going to repeat all of Lorri's measurements, except to add that I made a bit smaller because I was having a brain freeze and didn't realize that I had card stock that was 9" long--HELLO! Anyway, go with her measurements and it'll all work out just fine.

I used Sahara Sand card stock and swiped the same colored classic ink pad over the surface to achieve a weathered look that might look like leather if you squint. I also used my Mat Pack piercing set and created the appearance of faux stitching around the edges. As you can see, this has 4 pockets that will hold gift cards, as well as a long pocket that will hold real bills. I think this could be made even more meaningful for dear old dad if the kids made "gift cards" good for hugs, mowing the grass, washing the car or just a little note saying how much he is loved and appreciated.

2 comments:

sandra said...

this is the cutest card I have ever seen for father's day!!!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is awesome! Locve it!