Monday, February 7, 2011

Candy Baskets and a Love Triangle

I don't know about you, but I work well under the pressure of a deadline. A week from tomorrow is Valentine's Day, so I'm beginning to get excited about creating something handmade for those I love. In fact, today's project is quick and easy, and on top of that, it's C.U.T.E!

This basket is made using a 6" x 6" square of Love Impressions DSP. (I used plain card stock for the photos so you could see the score lines better.) It's scored at 2" and 4" on both sides of the square, creating 9 squares.

The next step is cutting the triangle off the 4 outside corners, leaving you with an octagon.

Then you cut to the center score lines ONLY on 2 sides facing each other. If you cut all 4 sides, you won't have any triangles in the corners! There should be 2 flaps in the middle of the 2 triangle edges.

Cut those flaps down to .75". Cross the two triangle edges over this flap and the box is complete!

You can embellish this any way you'd like. I added a handle using a .5" x 8" strip of Real Red card stock. Then I added 1/8" Whisper White taffeta ribbon and the Hugs and Kisses scalloped circle from Love You Much.

Now, about that love triangle. I have no juicy gossip, but I had you goin', didn't I! Remember the triangle boxes I made at Christmas? I just remade them using Love Impressions DSP! These hold 3 Dove Promises or 3 Hershey's Kisses.

2 comments:

ThreadCatcher said...

I really like your triangle baskets. How did you attach the handle? Thanks for the tutorial; I can't wait to give these a try. jmniffer

Unknown said...

i attached the handle inside at the bottom of the box's interior where the criss crosses are, using regular adhesive. if you want to be really sure of its staying in place, use sticky strip.