Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I'm Not Dead. I'm Just Hiding.

I just went on vacation, people! I'm guessing no one really thought I was dead, but I know I've been gone long enough to make certain people suspicious. We went north to visit family for Thanksgiving, and I didn't take my laptop--gasp! Well, I'm back for the duration now, and not going anywhere soon. Does that mean I'll be posting more regularly? Perhaps...how much is it worth to you? :-)

Just before I left, an order came from SU! with these cool file folders. They're designed to gussy up your office, but I had other plans for these babies. I'd seen them transformed into a cool notepad holder, and I wanted to try the template out myself.

Voila! Isn't it cool? It takes no time at all, and makes a very chic statement about how organized you are. I'm going to be offering this as a class in January, since I'm guessing no one has free time right now to do anything besides shop or bake or do laundry. So, what do you think about a New Year's Day stamping and crafting time? Would you like to be my hostess for the day and earn yourself some FREEBIES? Give me a shout and I'll give you the scoop!

Here's what it looks like on the inside. I used a Velcro square to hold the flap closed.

Wish me luck. I'm working with my Starbucks to host a craft station at a local elementary school tomorrow night. While the kids and their families wait in line to get their pictures taken with Santa, there will be 4 activities they can choose from. One of them is making a card to send to a Georgia soldier. I'm really hoping to meet lots of new contacts at this event. I'm going to give this notebook away as a door prize for giving me their contact information. You'd want to win this, wouldn't you?

So, let me know what you're doing for the holidays. Are you making anything hand crafted or homemade? I like those gifts best. You should see the handmade mittens a long-time friend of mine gave me as a belated birthday present while I was up north. AMAZING! If you have some good recipes for food gifts, I'd love to hear about those too. Share of yourself this season. I guarantee it'll mean more than any gift card you could put under the tree.

No comments: