Thursday, May 21, 2009

What Should I Do with This?

SCS offers a plethora of challenges to help spark card crafters' creativity. There's a color challenge, a layout challenge, and a technique lover's challenge, to name a few.

This week's TLC221 features a card design called a Tri-Shutter Card. Bonnie at Craftiblog posted her version of a card created by Jan Webb of the SunnySide of Crafting. Debi forwarded a link to Lynn, who hosts the TLC challenge, and somehow I stumbled across it! Follow all that? Isn't that great?! I love the internet, and I just LOVE it when people are generous with their ideas for the greater good. So I'm "paying it forward" by sharing this cool card with you.

This is much more simple than it looks, which is why I like it. It has a WOW! factor without being a pain to make. I'm not going to try to recreate either tutorial; just follow the links. I used Bonnie's.

It starts with a 5.5" x 12" sheet of card stock, and I chose the copper paper from Taste of Textiles. (This isn't quite as marvelous as the long-retired shimmery copper SU! used to sell, but it's better than not having any at all!) I used retired Autumn Vine DSP because it coordinates so well with the copper. Another thing I really like about this card is that it will mail in a traditional A2 envelope.

The problem I have is this: now that I have it done this far, I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. I'm thinking it might make a cool Father's Day card, but a little stuck when it comes to embellishments. I think I'll check out the TLC221 gallery for inspiration. I'm looking for a really good quote to put in the center panel. I welcome any suggestions.

1 comment:

sandra said...

that's so cool!!!