Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Valentines for Ronald

Last night I met up with some other demonstrators and we facilitated stamping for some families at the Ronald McDonald House. SU! is offering a few a la carte stamps in its Occasions Mini Catalog, and "Be Mine, Valentine" is one of them. While I have other ambitions for this stamp (don't those hearts remind you of Conversation Hearts?), I like that it stamps up nicely in a single color too. That makes it easier for the stampers at RMH too.

I saw the card that inspired this one on Pinterest. Oh.My.Word. Don't get me started! I could get LOST on that site for HOURS, if I really knew how to use it! Anyway, a shout out of thanks to Lisa A. for posting this there!

While she only used her 3-Heart Punch 2 times, I used it 4! By rotating the position of the punch and what side of the card base you punch it through, you can get the heart patterns to mirror each other. It sounds much harder than it is. I offered several different kinds of Designer Series Paper scraps as backings for the heart holes, and they came out very cute! This is an excellent way to use up retired patterned paper.

I'll be back later this week--or maybe tomorrow--with another card for Valentine's Day using a new product from the Occasions Mini--Heart Framelits! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Paper Potter said...

LOVE these cards, Jenn! I'm a real fan of the Single Stamp Solution, so this is one I will have to include next time we're doing workshops.