Saturday, October 2, 2010

Winter is Coming...on Paper

Winter is my LEAST favorite season, so I'm not trying to rush anything. Fall has just arrived here in the South, so, Old Man Winter, if you're listening, "Keep your distance!" Still, I found myself creating a wintry scene the other day and want to share it with you.

I stamped the trees from Season of Friendship on a Baja Breeze base and stamped a third on a scrap and cut it out. I did this awhile ago and was so stumped by what to do next that I put it in my BB slot in my paper storage area and left it there. When I stumbled across it the other day, I thought I'd try my hand at it again. Letting things rest is good for creativity.


I took a retired snowflake wheel (but you could use the Sparkling Jumbo Wheel) and rolled it over the entire surface using Versamark. Then I sprinkled Heat and Stick Powder over the whole thing and heated it until it was glossy, i.e. sticky. Then I sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds on top of that, knocked off the excess, and finished heating the H&S powder, which bonds the glitter to the paper. Oh my. What a beautiful, shimmery scene--my kind of winter, especially if viewed from the cozy confines of my house with a fire in the fireplace.

The third tree was popped up on Stampin' Dimensionals and placed in the center. The little bird from Season of Friendship was the perfect splash of color accent when colored with Real Red and placed in the tree branches, also with a dimensional.

These would make very lovely Christmas cards or thank yous for gifts received during the season. Everything you need to craft these is highlighted in this post; go shopping online through my online store and make some winter on paper for yourself. It'll be here before you know it anyway.

No comments: