Monday, March 8, 2010

New Life

As I've confessed here before, I'm not much of a gardener. The only green thumb I'll ever sport is one smudged with INK. But today is a gorgeous, warm day, and it inspires thoughts of a new season, and the flowers that come with spring, so I thought I'd try my hand at a potted plant card.

These potted lilies are the result of a great tutorial on SCS. My pot is made using Soft Suede and the border is created using the scallop border punch (DUH). I didn't use the Sizzix diecut flowers Stephanie did, but I stamped and heat embossed the lily image from Fifth Ave. Florals to create my bouquet. I colored the stamens using a Stampin' Write Summer Sun Marker.

The most fun part was making leaves. The 2-step Bird Punch has a separate wing for the bird, thus the name. Well, that wing makes a great leaf, I'll tell ya! I used my Designer Label Punch for a little message from Best Yet on the pot's base. The flowers pull out and there's a hidden tab for a message inside. This fits in a standard A2 envelope.

LOVE IT! And no dirt under my fingernails either.

1 comment:

Paper Potter said...

You ROCK, Girlfriend! You got me with the "it fits in a standard A2 envelope" so now I have to make this for Stamp Camp. Have you seen the really cute birdhouse from the Mini Milk Carton and the Bird punch? I found it on chicnscratch.typepad.com and I'll put a piece of the Window Sheets in there with a chocolate egg inside!