Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Flower for Mom

Due to some unforeseen events that took over my life just shortly after I wrote my last blog post, I have been AWOL for 2 weeks. Since 8 of those days (in a row) were spent working at Starbucks, and the following 3 recovering, that means I've really only been gone 3 days--wink wink, nod nod.

So, let's get back to card making! When I was sitting with my feet propped up, browsing the internet in a state of near exhaustion last weekend, I came across Dannie's Designs. I hope you take the time to follow the links I post; you're missing the work of some talented fellow crafters if you don't! Dannie embellished a box she designed with a flower made using the Ornament punch (don't miss the AMAZING basket she made!). Check out this post to see what shape the punch punches.

I used Melon Mambo for my flower, sponging it with Rose Red to create some sense of dimension for the petals. The center is a 1" circle punched from Crushed Curry. The DSP is retired, but I like how it grounds the flower without competing with it for attention. The sentiment is from Well Scripted, and it is stamped with MM ink on a "kiss", a diecut shape currently available in the Occasions Mini for just 8 more days. There's a very thin mat of Whisper White that's mounted on a Crushed Curry base.

The little ladybug was an afterthought. It's a 1/4" circle that's hand-dotted, and the head is a 1/8" circle, attached to the body with a glue dot!

I'll be back tomorrow with another card that celebrates spring and friendship and recycling.

1 comment:

Paper Potter said...

I know what you mean about "unforseen events." I can't believe I missed the cutoff time for the free pastry last week ..... Beautiful card, by the way! I love the new uses for the ornament punch! Now I don't have to shelve it 'til the end of the year.