Saturday, July 11, 2009

Simple Is Best...and Fast!


Hey all! I'm tuckered out from a 35-hour week at Starbucks. I know; some of you work that plus 5 every week. You do not, most likely, work in the food service industry. It's a WORKOUT! Normally, I work around 25 hours, but with 3 partners out this week, there were more than enough hours to go around! I have a sore knee and I've had to wear my arm brace to combat the inflammation of my cubital tunnel syndrome (carpel tunnel of the elbow, for those who care). But, I survived, and to treat myself, I wanted to stamp!

The card was inspired by this layout at Clean and Simple Stamping. This blog specializes in layouts, and it's great when someone else volunteers to do the thinking for you! Vicki from It's A Stamp Thing made a card using this layout, and attached a link, so thanks, Vicki!

I used the sweet circle flower stamp from Flower Power to create the focal images. I paired Pretty in Pink with Soft Suede. It's a yummy combo! I can't tell you how happy I am that SU! finally manufactured Stampin' Write Markers for the InColor collection! They're fantastic for small images.

The circles are 1" and 1.25". I created a 2.75" x 4" template from cardboard, rounded the corners, and traced around it to create the border. "Best Wishes" is from the Level 3 Hostess Set Kind & Caring Thoughts.

One of my stampers requested birthday cards, so this is for next Sunday's SAS. The little detail in the middle of the center flower is a clear 3/8" button tied with linen thread and mounted with a glue dot. To save time, I think I'll tie these ahead of time for my friends, since some are intimidated by bows--you know who you are! :-)

After the week I've had, I'm going to finish this day reading, relaxng, (okay, doing a little laundry--we have to have clothes!), and letting my dear husband cook. If you don't live local, but would like the cards featured in this month's SAS, I can mail you all the pieces-parts; all you have to provide is the stamps. The cost is $25 for 10 cards/envelopes or $12 for 5 cards/envelopes, plus the cost of postage.

5 comments:

Natasha said...

Beautifully done! I especially like the addition of the button and bow on here!

Courtney said...

I just found your blog. I love this card!

sandra said...

thank You (you know for what!!!)

Susan N. said...

Cute card. Love the pink and brown.

LaurieF said...

Beautiful CAS card! Love the clean, crisp layout. Wonderfully done!