Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Just a Note from the Aviary

Aviary is my favorite new set from the 2010-2011 Big Idea Book & Catalog, and Friday afternoon I had a chance to ink it up. My inspiration was this card by Twila Mooneyham, but once I started more ideas came to me!

There are four birds and four cages (aviaries) in the set, as well as a stand stamp to make some of them taller. It's just so whimsical and FUN that I can't stop using exclamation points at the end of my sentences when I describe it! Okay, I'll try to refrain going forward.

I inked up the cages in Staz-On black and followed Twila's suggestion of using the Stamp-a-ma-jig to place them, even though I purchased the acrylic clear mount option. When I was done putting the birdies in their places, I had one cage left uninked. Well, that wouldn't do!

So I created a z-fold, scoring a 5.5"x11" piece of Whisper White at 4" and 6.75", which resulted in a 5.5" square card with a nice sized interior for writing a short letter.

I also spied the rhinestones (Basic Rhinestone Jewel Accents, if you want to be technical) I'd purchased and thought they'd add some nice bling to this card. These babies come in three sizes and there are 150 for $5.

Now to figure out who I want to jot a note to. Oh, that reminds me! The only thing this set is missing is a sentiment. I have a non-SU! stamp that has some musical notes on it, and I inked that up and added it to the card, and used the "just a little note" (get it?) from the Level 2 Apple Blossoms Hostess Set. YAY!

One last non-bird-related thing: does this happen to you when you're using your laptop? My poochers are jealous and not subtle about telling me they'd like me to be doing something else, like playing fetch!

Hope you're liking all these cards using the new products. I'd love to help you get your hands inky and let you try the Big Shot! Let me know if you'd like to partner together to have a fantastic get-together before summer's over and we're back in the routine of school. I'm still looking for hostesses who want to have a great time with their friends and get FREE stamps...could that be you? Contact me!

3 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

Absolutely LOVE your z-fold card!!! I wasn't drawn to this set when I first saw it, but the more I see it used, the more I am LOVIN" it!!!

Lois said...

Love this!!! I can't wait for mine to get delivered. I can see one of these "z-fold" cards in my future.

Amy said...

Love this card! Just got my first new catalog order in the mail today and now have the perfect card to case :-)